- Snowball begins at four o'clock
- Walk-ins are welcome! Payment can be made by cash or preferably checks.
- Words to the Wise
- Save a (plastic?) tree! --- bring and reuse your badge holder from last Snowball.
- Snowball (registration, hospitality, and the games room) opens at 4:00 PM on Friday.
- Saturday Night Buffet
- The hotel will provide a scrumptious buffet for $25 (tax and tip included) to any guest who wants to join us in our own private dining room.
- Any remaining tickets will be sold at Snowball.
- Learn more!
So far we have 185 registrants signed up for Snowball from the following 12 states:
New Jersey, of course, Delaware, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, and Virginia!!
- Capture some memories
- Please take photographs at Snowball and submit them for possible inclusion in our local newsletter and/or on our website.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Prepare your costumes for our midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. (Friday night/Saturday morning)
- Crowdstocked Games Room
- Please bring your favorite games to play -- and perhaps a few to share!
- Saturday night costume dance -- Through the Ages
- Come dressed as if you are in a different time. Everything from togas and steampunk through poodle skirts and disco, and of course who can forget the glorious hair styles of the 80’s (although lots of us wish we could :P). Be creative, be punny, be whatever!
- We want your SOCKS!
Operation Happy Sock creates and delivers catnip toys to homeless cats in animal shelters. At Snowball we will make these simple toys, called "Happy Socks," by putting catnip in the toe of an old sock and tying a knot at the ankle.
We welcome donated socks that meet these guidelines:
- Clean – please run them through the washer first.
- Any type of socks (sweat socks and fuzzy socks are terrific!) will work -- although thin synthetics or nylons may not be durable enough.
- Any size (baby and kids’ sizes too) are welcome.
- Even socks with holes are fine – we are experts at making a toy from almost any sock!
It’s time to clean out that sock drawer and admit that all those lone socks will probably never meet their mates again. Give 'em a second life as a Happy Sock!
Thank you on behalf of homeless cats everywhere!
Please note: This event will take place at 6:00 PM on Friday evening. At registration, we will have a box for sock donations, or better yet, bring your socks to Room 209 and make the toys yourself!
- Hotel Rate and Code
- Rooms are only $106 per night -- single, double, triple or quad -- only until our block of rooms is sold out. Mention CJM to get the special rate.
- Snowball is now on Facebook!!
- Snowball now has a Group on Facebook -- our name is "cnjm snowball". Use it to connect to other attendees and learn the latest updates about Snowball. It is a Closed Group, so you will have to ask to join. The Group is open to all current Snowball registrants as well as any interested Mensans. Contact the registrar with any questions. Note: If Andrea, the Snowball registrar, will not know who you are, please drop her an email stating your membership number or local group. Send info to: firstname.lastname@example.org