Many hands make light work...
We are seeking volunteers for Hospitality, which includes light food prep and food running (not literally; we walk). As it also includes refreshing coffee and beverages, it does require some lifting and bending. We also need volunteers for Friday setup and Sunday breakdown at the hotel and storage unit. The storage unit is on a second-floor walk-up, and we're looking for people who have cars (the more cargo space, the better), and can carry items we need to transport.
Please contact Registrar if interested.
So far we have 226
signed up for Snowball from the following 13
New Jersey, of course, California, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, as well as Canada!!
- Save a (plastic?) tree! --- bring and reuse your badge holder from last Snowball.
- Snowball (registration, hospitality, and the games room) opens at 4:00 PM on Friday.
Reservations: (732) 494-6200 or https://bookings.ihotelier.com/APA-Hotel-Woodbridge/bookings.jsp?groupID=1706421&hotelID=96418
Operation Happy Sock creates and delivers catnip toys to homeless cats in animal shelters. At Snowball we will make these simple toys, called "Happy Socks," by putting catnip in the toe of an old sock and tying a knot at the ankle.
We welcome donated socks that meet these guidelines:
- Clean – please run them through the washer first.
- Any type of socks (sweat socks and fuzzy socks are terrific!) will work -- although thin synthetics or nylons may not be durable enough.
- Any size (baby and kids’ sizes too) are welcome.
- Even socks with holes are fine – we are experts at making a toy from almost any sock!
It’s time to clean out that sock drawer and admit that all those lone socks will probably never meet their mates again. Give 'em a second life as a Happy Sock!
Thank you on behalf of homeless cats everywhere!
Please note: This event will take place Saturday afternoon. At registration, we will have a box for sock donations, or better yet, bring your socks to Room 210 and make the toys yourself!