- Monthly Gathering -- general info -- next gathering -- Please note: Monthly Gatherings will no longer be held at hotel.
- 8:00 PM, 2nd Friday of each month
- Regional Gathering (RG)
- Snowball XLVI
CNJM's Regional Gathering
March 6-8, 2020
Iselin, New Jersey
Garden State Parkway, Northbound Exit 131A and Southbound 131
- the nation's longest-running RG
- 24-hour hospitality
- interesting speakers - Friday night and all day Saturday
- new, larger games room open all weekend
- craft session - Saturday afternoon
- dj dance - Saturday night
- multi-media swap - Sunday morning
- very close to Metropark train station
- hotel has well-equipped fitness center and indoor pool
- free parking
- register online or by mail
- day rates available
- Annual Gathering (AG)
- 2020 Annual
Kansas City, Missouri
- Colloquium 2020
- Mind Games 2020
American Mensans get together to play and
rate the latest board and card games over one spring weekend.
April 23-26, 2020
- Looking Ahead
- Future Annual Gatherings
- 2021 WG -- World Gathering -- Houston, Texas -- will be held in August
- 2022 AG -- Reno, Nevada
- 2023 AG -- Baltimore, Maryland
- Future Mind Games
- 2021-- Maine
Nearby Regional Gatherings
- Snowball XLVI
- Central New Jersey Mensa
March 6-8, 2020
Iselin, NJ -- Garden State Parkway, Northbound Exit 131A and Southbound 131
- Metropolitan Washington Mensa
- RechaRGe to be confirmed
- Mensa of Northeastern New York
Labor Day Weekend 2020
- Wicked Good! to be confirmed
- Boston Mensa
- Winter Solstice RG
- Central Pennsylvania Mensa
December 20-22, 2019
CNJM holds a gathering each month on a variety of eclectic topics that have included: guitar-making, military police dog demonstration, NJ tombstone markings, revolutionary war mutinies, and quantum physics proving love (to name a few). These presentations are usually held on the 2nd Friday at various locations.
Members, guests, and potential members are all welcomed. Admission is now free.
Friday, March 13 at 8:00 PM -- East Brunswick, NJ
Jerry Mirelli will discuss the entire winemaking process from grape ordering to bottling, corking, and labeling. Jerry has enjoyed making wine with friends and neighbors for more than a dozen years at a professional facility. The resulting wines are of various types, are top quality, and much lower in cost than what you would expect to pay for comparable quality in the store. Of course, there’s no price tag that can be placed on the fun and enjoyment you get from actually making your own wine, to say nothing of the satisfaction of drinking wine from a bottle with your name on it.
About the Speaker: Jerry Mirelli has been a member of CNJM for about 40 years and a member of the Board for one year. He has acted as our external auditor and currently processes the birthday list for the Forvm. Jerry had a 50-year career in various aspects of IT that spanned programming and systems design to executive management, ending as a metrics process and vendor management consultant, negotiating contracts in the financial industry. Along the way, Jerry taught at Rider College and graduate courses at Stevens Institute. He is currently active in his 55+ community serving on the Board and participating in the IT, Newspaper, Drama, Photo and Golf committees and clubs.
We’ll also learn the results of the CNJ Mensa Election at this meeting!